Thursday, August 25, 2011

Opening week

Since last Thursday, class has started.

We spent last weekend at a new church and checked out Christian Grads, which is part of Campus Crusades for Christ. Yesterday I even went disc golfing with a guy I met there, which was pretty sweet. I even finished -1 :). I think that will be a group I'm going to enjoy being a part of. Tonight I'm going to hang out at the leaders place too.

Class the first couple days has been interesting as well. There are some new concepts to learn mathematically, which continues to be a delight (except, not). I bought a license for Mathematica, which I'll have to learn for all of the classes basically, but we have some good camaraderie among students in trying to figure this stuff out. The first homework isn't due for a little bit yet, but it doesn't look too bad (at least for that class). Our schedules are quite empty, in terms of time actually spent in class, which is nice. On Tuesday of course we felt the earthquake in class. At first I thought the building was coming apart, which to be honest would be more likely due to its age, but in fact: earthquake.

So yeah, just waiting for football games to begin and keeping up on learning for now.

No comments:

Post a Comment